Translate

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Tamagotchi Friends: Dream Town Digital Friend Notes

Tamagotchi Friends Dream Town Package
Oh yes, I dropped everything and snatched one of these up the second they came out.  I dearly loved my old Tamagotchis and played with them until my boy genius husband could no longer get them to work.

Currently, my Tamagotchi (mint leopard pattern) is on a generation 11 teen (Cosmotchi).  The last adult I had was a repeat of Coffretchi, who is probably my least favorite adult. The adult before her was also a repeat. So in 10 generations I had two adults repeated, which made me wonder if the other adults have to be unlocked somehow. A little research and I learned that this incarnation of the Tamagotchi has "skills".  Which adult you get is determined by what classes you attend most as a child and teen at the Dream School.

So, not knowing that and liking variety - I have been attending ALL seven classes on a daily basis.  This apparently gets me a random adult. Again with - but two of the SAME random adults? Hmmm.  But with that said, I am now sufficiently curious to work my way through each class on a focused basis and see which adults go with which classes.  I'll post the results here and probably on the Tamagotchi Wiki for other addicted players.

A brief update on what I am up to right now might be in order. I am taking a break from writing except for when some brilliant idea has me leaping out of bed at 4 am and running to find paper and pen.  In other words, more or less back to normal there except I'm making no effort to do anything beyond slap down the words in my head and go back to sleep.  I am folding some origami (tosses bright colorful paper animals and flowers into the air for anyone who wants them). And as luck would have it, the incredibly talented McCullonough Ceili wrote and asked me to illustrate and make puzzles for some more of her delightful childrens stories, so I'm working on that as best I can.  It's slow because the gifted computer I am so grateful for is a Windows 10 machine, my tablet is compatible only up to Windows Vista, and my drawing program is equally out of date so everything is a bit glitchy and bitchy and doesn't always do quite what I tell it to do.  It would take about $300 minimum to really put me back into the digital art business. We have more important needs.

On the dialysis front - we have remembered that our house is on wheels. We are currently researching and seeking a dialysis clinic that is better rated by Medicare/Medicaid.

Yeah yeah yeah everyone told us they are all the same - except that the one he is at has a "less than expected" survival rate, and there are many with "as expected" or even "better than expected" survival rates. I can't help but think there has to be a difference. So I think maybe this is like the "everywhere in the world sucks, just like this place, so why move" philosophy so common in the U.S. Which our experiences have proven to be so very wrong.

You can find sucky things about any place.  You can find great things about any place. And most of all, you might think one place sucks that I find a great place, and someplace I think is great, you might think sucks. All depends on what makes your life great or sucky.

Yes, we are two of the best people on earth at making the best of whatever life hands us.  But we also have no inhibitions about picking up and going someplace we think we might like better when the time comes.  

And I think the time as come. I feel we have more than given this clinic a chance to prove they are not incompetent, lazy liars who blame everything on the patient or lie straight to your face. When any one says "oh, your clinic will do that for you" or "your clinic has to arrange that for you" it makes me cringe and feel like crying because if there is one thing this clinic won't do, it's lift a finger or a phone receiver and make a phone call.  And if they do, they'll give us the wrong appointment time, wrong doctors office, or wrong directions to the office. And then say the mistake is our fault. So yeah, I am sure there are better places to be.
Anyway.  End Rant.  The trip and/or move will not be happening real soon.  Unlike the "old days" we can't just toss the basics in the back of the car and head west. We are still recovering financially from the last two years of chaos.

But that's where I'm at right now.  Drawing.  Folding. Reading. Playing games. Working on getting and keeping the husband's health stable.  Keeping myself fit and losing a couple kilos. Improving my income. The themes of 2017.  And how the hell did this year get more than half way over already?

For some reason I have people writing me asking for reviews lately.  I don't really like doing reviews on that basis for starters. It makes me uncomfortable when I hate the book. I'm a writer, too, and I never want to post a bad review so I'm really stuck when I'm trying to tactfully say, wow, that sucked. And some of those who write seem to be reading my blog (miracles never cease) so let me point out what most people already know about me - I hate romance.  Please don't ask me to read and review romance.  Too many other things to do in my life.  And you couldn't pay me enough. If you did, you wouldn't like what I had to say ;)

Don't let the name fool you.  I'm a man.

Blessedbe

Summer Foovay

No comments:

Post a Comment