Translate

Saturday, April 22, 2017

The perfect read for a lazy weekend

Gee, I just discovered that I can instantly transfer a review on Goodreads over to my blog.  How about that?  So, I will.  Here it is:

Society for Paranormals (Society for Paranormals, #1-4)Society for Paranormals by Vered Ehsani
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a pleasant interesting little read for a lazy day. Sit back with a cup of tea, a hot buttered English muffin, and relax. I read all three in two days - well, my edition only had 3 and I haven't bought the 4th yet. The author takes the Victorian English cozy mystery a step above by transporting her detective to Africa, and tossing in the paranormal. The nerd in me loved the afterword where we learn which elements of the story were actual historical facts. There's a little romance, of course, but it isn't painful. It's witty, in that old fashioned way, and fits perfectly into the genre. This isn't high literature, but then it doesn't try to be. I'll happily spring for future books, and really, they are a bargain!

View all my reviews

Isn't that cute?  I'll have to remember that.

At the moment I am not accepting any requests for reviews. I love to read.  I review what I read if I liked it enough and have time. And that's that.

Blessedbe and best of luck with all your endeavors

Summer Foovay

No comments:

Post a Comment