Translate

Monday, March 20, 2017

Dandelions for Ostara - and a Merry Ostara for all!

"beauty in the blades". (11266079626)I
I hope you are having a beautiful and inspiring Ostara!  I stepped in here for a moment and Blogger offered me new layouts to oogle.  I can never resist looking so of course, I did.  And fell in love with this new look - hope you like it!

I could not resist the very spring like look, let alone Dandelions.  Because I am very well known for loving dandelions.  I haven't seen a lot of them here in New Mexico, and when the first few started coming up in my new little yard I did a happy dance.  I talked to them and told them how thrilled I was for them.  And now I have a couple that are two feet high - I kid you not.  And they've spread all over the yard.  Looking around me, I don't see anyone desperately lawn proud (if you are, you shouldn't be in New Mexico) so I don't think anyone is going to notice, let alone mind, that I have a bumper crop of sunny yellow flowers carpeting my lot.  And I couldn't be happier about it!

Ostara, or the first day of spring as some of you might think of it, is the Spring Equinox.  Day and night are exactly equal.  It is a time for new starts, and for balance.

I gained a considerable amount of weight this winter, so much of my new starts are fitness related.  Starting to ride the bike more.  Starting to do yoga again.

The garden is started.  There are sunflowers and morning glories coming up along the fence.  I've been and drooled over flowers and plants at the garden centers and purchased the big kiddie swimming pool that will be the base for my raised bed for vegetables.  Nothing too ambitious this year.  I'm trying to make sure I don't spend more setting up the garden than it saves me in food purchases.  The flowers are pure indulgence.  I dearly love to travel, but that does sort of inhibit gardening - something else I love - so I'm going to make the best of settling down.

Cause - you know - that's what I do.  Make the best of things.

In the last week hubby got four new prescriptions.  Now we're hashing out a routine.  One should raise his blood pressure during dialysis - since his nosediving blood pressure has been a major problem.  One is supposed to maybe slow down his heart rate.  My high octane model has been horrifying medical personnel with his 100+ beats per minute (but in perfect rhythm though) for years.  Maybe we an finally do something about that so the medical professionals can relax a little.  Saw the cardiologist and discussed some things.  We will be going forward with the diffibulator - waiting for a date and time on that.  It's a problem because we cannot take hubby off the clotting med for any period of time without him clotting the fistula closed, so we'll have to get around that.  Took him to the ER Saturday (two months without a hospital visit, almost).  He was in horrible pain and having trouble swallowing.  Turns out he has a bone spur in his neck.  They gave him muscle relaxants and a few pain pills.  I've been giggling at him because the muscle relaxants make him...well... VERY relaxed.  But he's feeling better, and has been getting good dialysis so all in all things are still looking up a bit.

I have not made as much progress as I would like on the WIPs I'm trying to finish up and get published.  I started posting one of them on Wattpad - A Kitsune, A Coyote, and a Tanuki walk into a bar... has one chapter up there.  Got to tinkering with characters and motivations and now I'm not sure if I want to share it or rewrite it first.

The I am Pagan book is nearly done.  However, Shaxpir did something completely bizarre with the format and I'm having to reformat it completely in Word.  I cancelled my Shaxpir subscription and they shut it down even though I had just paid them.  I thought, you know, I'd have the service I paid for until the end of the month.  So I lost a lot of writing.  Yeah, I know, I could just PAY them and access it again.  Because everything I've written in Shaxpir I've had to reformat in word, I've concluded I may as well write it in word.  But I did get some good ideas about filing and keeping track of some things.

Hope you are having a wonderful Ostara with lots of eggs and bunnies!

Blessedbe

Summer Foovay

No comments:

Post a Comment