Translate

Friday, February 17, 2017

Home Hemodialysis?

The last few weeks have been a little hectic with one thing and another, but we got some very good news.  I simply didn't want to share it prematurely - might jinx it!

Hubby and I have been accepted to be trained for home hemodialysis.  It is going to mean even more big lifestyle changes.  However, we won't be able to even start training until this summer due to constraints at the clinic and other hurdles that have to be overcome first.  Still, we are very excited and hopeful.  Home hemodialysis has been proven in studies to be better for patients than in clinic hemodialysis for a number of reasons. But, like peritoneal dialysis, it is not the best solution for every end stage renal disease patient.

So maybe my next non-fiction will be about living with home hemodialysis!

I have decided that it would be worth it to add a few more pages to Layman's Guide to Peritoneal Dialysis Kindle book.  so that the book would be large enough for Amazon to accept it to publish as a paperback, so that is also in the works.  I keep thinking it's going to take off soon - considering that every other book about peritoneal dialysis is meant for the medical professional or students and costs fifty times as much.  I feel there really is a need and a niche for this little book for kidney patients, their caretakers, family and friends - as well as medical professionals such as nurses who need a quick overview of peritoneal dialysis they can work into their busy schedule rather than another monster text book.

Most of this week I have spent editing and poking at the current work in progress, I Am Pagan.  Based off the articles that used to be up on my website of the same name it is a personal story of being Pagan.  There is plenty of information in there for people interested in paganism, but it isn't meant to be a guide to follow exactly or an encyclopedia of paganism.  It is simply one person's journey and thoughts on being pagan.  I have read through it and decided I'd like to expand and add some newer material.  After all, most of it was written (holy crap!) almost fifteen years ago now.

Wow - excuse me while I faint.

I keep saying I'm going to work on some fiction, but keep being drawn into various appointments, meetings, medical research and other obligations.  I did get a blog post up on Niume last night about the frogs and toads of my local Chihuahua desert.  Here's a link if you are interested - click here. Okay, it isn't fiction - but writing Ms. Eatsalot and Mr. Odon Ata got me to thinking about frogs and toads and how delightful it was to find them out on the Chihuahua desert!

Hopefully, I will spend the next few months getting a number of works in progress finished, polished and published, so that I will be able to spend the summer learning to perform home hemodialysis and making those adjustments in lifestyle that will undoubtedly be called for.  Thank you, dear readers, for your time!

Blessedbe

Summer Foovay






No comments:

Post a Comment