Translate

Sunday, December 11, 2016

A Layman's Guide to Peritoneal Dialysis, looking for some first readers!

Several months ago I whipped out a layman's guide for peritoneal dialysis manuscript inspired by what I felt was a clear need for a simple, easy to read guide giving basic information about peritoneal dialysis for patients, their families, friends, caregivers, and the medical personnel who encounter peritoneal dialysis at work and have no knowledge about it.  Of course, much of the inspiration for that was because at the time my poor hubby was in and out of the hospital and I was constantly having to explain our needs for his peritoneal dialysis treatments to people who knew little or nothing about it.  Not that I mind, of course, but I could see there was a need for a little book or pamphlet even with the basics for people who don't need a six week course on the subject just to help us out for a day or two.

We were a little busy for the next few months until the hubby stabilized.  He is doing better now although there are still some things to sort out medically which I hope will be taken care of this month for the most part.

However, I am trying to get back into writing and even more so into finishing and publishing some of the many WIP floating around here.  I was actually looking for a different manuscript when I ran onto this one, and suddenly found myself writing, editing, fact checking, and polishing it up.

After all the medical folderol this year, I have my doubts as to whether I can speak intelligibly to anyone, especially about the medical issues we have been through.  So I have published this manuscript, A Layman's Guide to Peritoneal Dialysis on Wattpad.  I respectfully request that my beloved readers find a few minutes in their busy day to read through it, make comments here or there, let me know if it is clear, correct, understandable, and any questions you might have, or suggestions for this book before I give it a final polish and publish it on Kindle.  I think I might even put it on Createspace as well so it can reach a wider audience who might find it useful.

What do you think?  Thank you for your time.

Blessedbe

Summer Foovay

No comments:

Post a Comment