Translate

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Nanowrimo 2015 - last post - no, really!

It's done!  Woohoo!  Written through to the finish, complete with epilogue!  The grand total is 72,555 words.  Yes, things slowed down considerably in December as various life things intruded and I wrote a few other bits and bobs and things, did some art, some origami, yadda yadda yadda.

I had a piece of dark chocolate and a shot of Irish Creme.  Big celebration.

Whew!  Time to set it aside and let it marinate now.  My next task today is to go through this computer and the external hard drive which contains at least three older computers brains and gather up all the files and folders named Nano-some year or nother.  I intend to get them all edited, rewritten, and otherwise combobulated this year into something I can stick in a Kindle book and not die of embarrassment over.

That's the plan.

Meanwhile, I had intended to dedicate December to short stories of many kinds.  Some fanfic.  Some short stuff for Wattpad, or here at the blog, or even little Aywas stories, as well as maybe a couple shorts to add to the Blue Dragonfly series as well as to the little sex story books under a pen name.  Instead, I put my shoulder to the wheel and made myself actually completely finish the Nano-novel.  So I am thinking, odd as it seems, that I might start tomorrow (Merry Xmas to you who celebrate) doing the shorts and go on for a full month until Jan. 25th.  I could stand to take it easy and zip out some shorter stuff now that won't go through the second week "I hate this" period.

You don't suppose I'm actually just using it as an excuse to put off the editing period that was previously scheduled for February?  (Do you have any clue how much I hate editing and rewriting my own stuff?)

NAH.

Shorts.  Coloring books.  Editing - there's my next 90 days more or less.  Actually once I start editing I hope I won't stop until they are all done, but who am I kidding?

Have a great holiday

Summer Foovay


No comments:

Post a Comment