Translate

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Progress Report

2015 hasn't had the most auspicious start.  However, I've picked up this last week and hope to be truly on track by next week.

MapMyRide tells me I got two workouts in this week, totaling 1.31 hours and 8.68 miles.  My goal is 3 workouts a week, and to gradually increase my bike rides to 10 miles each but given the very cold, windy, and even wet weather this week, on top of that terrible bout of flu I'm still getting over I'm not unhappy with this weeks workouts.  If I am to complete that challenge I signed up for (which I thought at the time would be easy - LOL) I'll have to ride at least 20 minutes every single day until Feb. 8th.  Since this would include several days that we are going to be out of town for doctor's appointments...well, I'll give it hell.

Speaking of doctors, I spent a day on the phone reading the riot act to various nurses and clinics and social workers and we finally got the damn straight information regarding the husbands CT scan.  We may have some new health challenges coming up, but nothing we can't handle.  Until we find out for sure whether or not he will have to have surgery we can't really make any plans forward.  Meanwhile we're working on a new Primary Care, and I'm going to do my best to get us a different PD nurse as well - since this nurses inability to communicate has caused several severe problems.  And I am going to work on getting the man a medical marijuana prescription - since using 20 Trameel up in two years has made the Dr. decide he is a big time pain medication junkie.

The Bird Watchers Notebook-New Mexico only got two posts this week - the goal is three.  Of course, the idea is I get my bike ride in, and find a bird or two to talk about while I'm at it so again, weather and flu.  However, I did get both Bird Watchers Notebook and Foovay's 365 Horses set up so you can now subscribe to them on your Kindle!  Just click on the links here and you'll get to the Amazon page to request them.

Speaking of Foovay's 365 Horses I'm proud that so far I've created six horses in six days without missing a one.  It is part of the reason I am here today.  As you may know, Sunday is normally my "no computer day".  Well, duh me, I realized yesterday that as long as I am doing the 365 horses project, I can't really have a no computer day.  However, I can create a horse without the computer, and keep my computer time down to a few minutes to blog it.

Why, you say, are you writing this long post at Unique Eclectic then?  Well, because the hubby has a big wrestling event he wants to watch today.  This means that for several hours I can pretty much count on no interruptions for several hours this afternoon.  I'm planning on using that time to finish up the tail end of a sex story that is the 3rd in a series.  Then over the next few days I'll get them edited, covered, and (I hope) published this week.  So - my no computer day is just shot.  I'll take a day off later this week.  I've also managed to volunteer myself to type a friends manuscript into Word, pretty it up and publish it for him as well.  Busy week coming up!

Meanwhile, I'm marathoning the most delightful little K-Drama, Coffee Prince.  Yes, because I need yet another addiction.  I love Go Yun Chan, who is a girl who is constantly mistaken for a boy - been there, done that.  She ends up with a job at a coffee shop that has only boy barristas...and the comedy is on.

So, there we are for this fine week in January 2015.  It is a beautiful day, so I think I'll get a bike ride in before I park myself in front of Word and watch that cursed cursor blink-blink-blink...


No comments:

Post a Comment