Translate

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Day Four - Progress Report

I am a little bit behind o the 13 books in 13 days writing project.  I had a bad day (Seasonal Affect Disorder will do that to you this time of year) and some unexpected company of the doggie form that actually was the highlight of an otherwise rather bad day.  Rather than work on catching up last night - I watched my JDrama.  Three episodes left to finish before Crunchyroll loses the license on Dec. 31st - which I will most likely sit and watch tonight and that will be one of my tasks to finish before years end finished.  If I have to set aside the writing for a day, well, having my own personal deadline I can be more flexible if I must.

That said, I do have 2 1/3 stories done, and outline for the rest of the 3rd story and one to follow all in that new Cougar sex series.  These are running about 5000 words each, which is well within goal.  The older sex story books are all around 1000 - 2000 words because the stories were originally written for blogs which had a more restrictive word count.  I'm enjoying getting to stretch out a bit.

 The first two sex story books are edited.  I still have to create new front and back matter and covers.  I had hoped to create covers for these with my specky new Poser program that I still have not figured out how to use.  Well, there's almost a week left and it's to be expected that it would be a few days after the first before all 13 are published.  Right?  As far as front and back matter, the stock ends I've been using need a serious update and it's a real PITA so I'm being a whiner about it.  Procrastination is me.

Meanwhile, I also signed up for a fitness challenge at MapMyFitness Workout Games which goes along well enough with my personal goals starting the first of the year to keep me honest and going on them.  I forced myself out on the bike today even though it was 40 degrees, which I personally consider much too cold - LOL.

That worked out well because I wound up at Rotary Park doing a little birdwatching.  With any luck the video may have come out, but I'm not counting on it - I'll see it here in a few minutes.  I was rather excited to see a Killdeer in the shallows, and slightly surprised to see the Black Phoebe is still hunting right above the little waterfall.  Mind you, I'm too well aware that we haven't had a solid freeze to kill the insects.  (We still have a nest of wasps under the trailer).  There were also American Widgeon, Shoveler, and Teal ducks - along with some ol' Coots and one young Cormorant fishing in the shallow water.  Which brings me to share another point.

One of my goals for next year is to finally bring back Bird Watchers Notebook - the Rio Grande version.  I've made a couple of stabs at it, but haven't been able to blog often enough.  Out of the habit, I think.  So my goal is at least 3 days of 7 to blog (which kind of goes with 3 days of 7 to get in a workout).  One reason (besides the fact I miss it) that I'm doing this is because starting around February I will be doing the serious editing and illustrating to get the old Bird Watchers Notebook crafted into a Kindle book, especially now that Amazon has given us software to assist in creating illustrated books.  If I get really froggy, I am thinking about creating a set of Anki flashcards of the birds mentioned in the book, and if I get REALLY froggy, perhaps a companion coloring book.  We'll see how frisky I am in February. Oh yes, and I may set it up so you can subscribe to the blog from your Kindle.

Why February - because in January I am going to be editing and publishing the 13 for one thing - but also will pull my kids books down to add illustrations and republish using the new software.

The reading and reviewing are put off until the JDrama marathon is finished.  I did, however, finish Redemption Song by Derick Parsons for something fun on that bad day.  The link will take you to the review on Amazon, and I will say I'll be looking forward to the rest of the series.

I have had a couple of publishers/authors write me asking if I would copy/paste reviews in other sites than Amazon.  The deal with that is; last I heard, and it may have changed, but Google frowns on duplicate content.  So, if I have a few minutes, what I will do is rewrite the reviews so they are not identical and post them, but I'm not sure how much help an exact copy/paste would be if it made Google not like you...  maybe I am wrong?  Maybe I'm an overachiever?  LOL

Under really facetious goals - I'd like to get my beginner horse on Planet Horse to gold medals in all events.  I'm beginning to think this may not be possible - the beginner horses may simply not have enough talent.  And for my Fishworld pals ;) I think it would be really cool if I could make level 100 by the end of the year.  I'm not even sure if that is possible, but I'm gonna give it a try.

So, here we are and if I'm going to make any more progress I probably ought to be working on at least one of those things, eh?

Blessedbe
Have a Merry Xmas if you're into that 

No comments:

Post a Comment