Translate

Friday, July 18, 2014

Camp Nanowrimo Day 18

Slightly less than 6000 words today - a little disappointing.  We took off for an hour to get out of the house and went to the library.  Hey - reading is important for a writer, right?  Yeah, right!  And I got a book about the reintroduction of wolves - which is even relevant to the Tanuki, Kitsune and Coyote book.  If you are wondering why...you'll have to read it.  I mostly edited today, wrote some dialog, changed yet another business name to avoid lawsuits :-P.  I skimmed ahead and discovered I actually do have some new scenes and events that are yet to actually be written so the book is going to probably end up gaining a few thousand words at least.  I still hope I can get it finished and published by Monday.  I generally take Saturdays off and play games and watch anime all day, and then take Sunday off of anything electronic at all.  I spend the day drawing, coloring, doing jigsaw puzzles, reading, and often a special sort of outdoor trip to a new hiking spot or something.  Because I'm losing so many work days this month to other bullshit - and I did get my little mini four day vacation last weekend at the ranch - I think I'll end up working this weekend.

Ta -

Summer Foovay

2 comments:

  1. Why not work half days in the weekend and then 'play' the rest? I envy you being able to walk away completely from electronics on Sunday. I am not yet able to do that, but I still dream of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like so many of us - you are still working that making money on the Internet thing that requires tons of work for pennies along with constant updates. I admire your fortitude and loyalty. The rapidly changing nature of that work almost certainly means you can't take one whole day off the computer.

      I've learned that my disposition is such that I actually accomplish LESS if I work more :P and far more if I work fewer hours or days. However, I do agree that what I'll probably do this weekend is work half a day or so. Already figured my schedule for today even :D And I know I'll thoroughly enjoy next weekend - OFF - even more!

      Delete