Translate

Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Sex Thriller Book That Almost Didn't Get Published Is Out

Over a decade ago, a terrible dream woke me and insisted I write it down immediately.  Half asleep I typed it out and fell back into bed.  When I read it in the morning, I admit my own reaction was a mixture of "ooo" and "eww".  The mix of violence and sex was tantalizing and disgusting all at once.  I set it aside.  For a few months.  Edited it a little.  Set it aside again.

And was awakened in the middle of the night again, when the protagonists prodded me with some more of their fascinating but horrific story.  Typed it out, went back to bed.  Read it in the morning, shuddered, and ignored it some more.

Because as much as I thought this was some of my most intense, best writing ever, I also thought (at that time) that I'd never get it published mainstream and if I put it up on the Internet I'd get arrested.  This was back when I was pushing p0rn, and Bush was slapping grandma and grandpa in jail for selling sex tapes online (yes, it happened).  The new super strict regulations had just come out about what U.S.A. p0rn pushers could put on line (this is why all the p0rn you see now is from Russia - they can put anything on line) and mixing violence with sex was a real good way to end up in jail.

I showed the story to several people and all of them thought it was great but...  too much violence, gore, and sex.  So it languished.  Waiting for it's proper time and place for publication.

Some time later I went back and wrote a third episode, an ending to wrap things up.  It's sad.  It's depressing.

So it sat around some more.

And then I started publishing on the Kindle.  Yipeeee.  This January I made a point of going through all my millions of bits and pieces and CDs and floppy disks and old doc files and gathering all my multitude of works in progress into a single folder on this computer to be finished.  My big project this year is to muddle through all 140 or so files and either finish and publish them or toss 'em.  This month I'm more or less ripping through a lot of old sex short stories, publishing them under Petit Morte because hey, it's quick and easy and they are little money makers.  I am discovering that the BDSM, Dominatrix, and lesbian stories don't sell nearly as well as the naughty wife stories - so I'm going to have to write some new naughty wife stories (none left in the morgue).

And I hit this old novelette.  That was part of the problem all along, the whole story comes to about 20,000 words altogether.  Too much for a blog, too long for a short story collection, not enough for print, and too dark altogether.  But as it happens, I created this new pen name, Petit Noir, to handle all my darker dreams.  I knew I was gonna need her.

(Note to future readers; Summer Foovay = Sunshine, kayaking, birds, okay a little sex sometimes,  Petit Noir=dark, sex, violence, dystopia, Petit Morte=sex, sex, sex, but mostly sunny positive happy sex)

I decided to put the story of Silent out in three books.  If you can't stomach the first, don't bother with the rest.  The first book - The Angel Touches Silent - is currently free, and the 2nd (Silent Speaks)and 3rd (The Fairy Princess) are 99 cents each.  Since you really need to read #1 to understand #2, and #3, I don't intend to run them through a free cycle at all.

Okay, it's out there.  Nowadays, it isn't even that shocking given the paranormal sex books being set on the shelf at WalMart - except that there's nothing paranormal about them.  You might have to accept that real human beings have dark desires (gasp) - maybe even including you.

And it is lesbian.  Boy, is it lesbian.  I can so see this happening.  There are reasons, as a bisexual, that I opted out of lesbian relationships a long time ago.  Not saying that there aren't beautiful, loving, positive lesbian relationships - in fact, they are certainly the norm just like they are the norm for straight relationships.  But -

the darkness is there.

Now I'm going to go enjoy a couple days visiting out in the country, and come back and pick something a lot happier to finish, edit, and publish!


1 comment: